You know that bothersome neighbor? The one that cuts the lawn when you want to sleep and hangs over the fence when you have friends over. Well, diabetes is a lot like that. It’s always around and it really can make a mess of your life!
Having too much sugar—or as your doctor says, glucose—in your blood keeps your body from doing what it’s supposed to do.
- Your blood does not circulate well.
- You can get high blood pressure and heart disease.
- You might even lose your eyesight, your toes, feet or your legs.
- Your kidney function can fail and require dialysis.
- And, because diabetes also hurts your nerves, you may have to live with constant pain.
Sounds pretty bad, doesn't it?
Well, it doesn't have to if you take charge of your diabetes now.